DWI First Offense
Driving while intoxicated (DWI/OUI) first offence. Even in the situation where you are convicted of a first offense, you will face consequences including a driver's license suspension, fines, insurance problems, and perhaps even jail time. Nevertheless, with a qualified Massachusetts DWI defense lawyer for your side, you can be able to successfully defend yourself.
In many first-time DWI offense cases, the courtroom may order probation in lieu of jail time, for a maximum term of two years of probation. Even a Continued Without A Finding “CWOF” or “24D Dispostion” has some significant consequences.
- 45 day license loss (if breath test refusal Six months)
- 2 years probation ($65.00 Per month)
- Statutory Brain injury fees and OUI service Fees
- At the end of the two year period the case is dismissed provided you successfully complete the 24 D program which is an alcohol education program
- CAVEAT the Registry of Motor Vehicles may consider any subsequent OUI as a Second Offence with enhanced penalties even if you obtained a Continued Without a Finding instead of a Guilty finding on a first offense.
- NEVER GO TO COURT WITHOUT A LAWYER
Phone 24 hours (508) 509-5912
Law Office of Thomas A Dougherty
142 Main St, Brockton, MA 02301